Monday, April 9, 2012

Coffee and Baguette?

This is just a very brief post this morning to show off a 'finished object' that I completed and gave to a delightful friend who was leaving Brisbane to go to a new post outside of Brisbane last week. We used to get together with the young adults from church most Sunday mornings for a coffee (and a cake) after church. For a long time we did this at the French Patisserie that was located close by so when I found this fabric at Spotlight I couldn't resist creating something from it.

The fat quarter bag tutorial over at Sew Mama Sew is what inspired me to create this bag.

I have a couple more of these bags to make up (they require only two fat quarters of fabric, the equivalent of fusible wadding, a magnetic snap closure and a set of handles) so I will write a more detailed post when I have completed the others. For now I hope you enjoy the pictures.


Coffee and Baguette bag front - unfortunately you can't see the quilting detail in this picture.

Bag interior - I added a double patch pocket from left over scrap fabric, so there was a place to put small items.
With that, now I'm off for a coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment